Dr. Astras George
Dr. Astras George MD, MRCP, MSc (UK)
Specialty: Medical Oncology Consultant
Other Telephones: +35799457262
Semmelweis University Of Medicine
Specialty training in the UK.
Poole Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital, The Royal Bournemouth Hospital
MSc in Medical Oncology, Newcastle
Nicosia General Hospital, Cyprus
Clinical Research Fellow in Medical Oncology
Member of the European Society Of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
Member of the American Society Of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Member of the Oncology Multi-Disciplinary Teams
Member of Cyprus Medical Association
Member of Cyprus Oncology Society
Member of the Oncology Department at YGIA Polyclinic Private Hospital
Lung, Breast, Gastro-intestinal, Renal Cancers, Sarcomas and Melanomas.
Involvement International Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials.
Development of Acute Oncology Service.
Development of End of Treatment Assessment-Oncology follow up and Assessment Guidelines.
Development of Oncology-Triage Guidelines.
Peer Review member of the European Medical Journal of Oncology.
Co - Developer of Electronic Prescribing System of Oncology
Co-author of the Medical Oncology Handbook for RBCH.
Development of Oncology e-learning modules.
Development of Patient Educational Neutropenic Sepsis DVD.
Training of Nurses & Doctors in Oncology, (Dorset Cancer Network, Royal Marsden Hospital).
Dunlop, M. G., S. E. Dobbins, et al. (2012). "Common variation near CDKN1A, POLD3 and SHROOM2 influences colorectal cancer risk." Nat Genet 44(7): 770-776.
G.Astras,Hickish.T ,L.Purandare Diagnosis and managemnet of Isolated Pituitary Metastasis from adenocarcinoma of uknown origin presenting as losss of libido. July 2012
G.Astras ,L.Purandare-Use of Avastin in cutaneous metastatic breast cancer July 2012
Geldart, T. and G. Astras (2011). "Isolated CNS relapse in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive esophagogastric cancer: effective treatment with trastuzumab after failure of surgery and radiotherapy." J Clin Oncol 29(23): e664-665.
Hickish, T., G. Astras, et al. (2009). "Glucose intolerance during adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer." J Natl Cancer Inst 101(7): 537.
An epidemiological assessement of the lifestyle Factors which may be associated with the development of Barretts oesophagus-CARBO study- Dr David Kerr,Dr T.Hickish,Dr.G.Astras,Dr.J.Ainley Jan 2007
DR MARIA TSITSKARI, MD, MSc
DR MARIA TSITSKARI, MD, MSc
Consultant of Radiology-Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Tel: +357-22373762, Cell Phone: +35797777461
Web Page: www.cyprusinterventional.com
Name: Maria Tsitskari M.D, MSc.
Date of birth 28/01/1982
Place of Birth: Kavala, Greece
Permanent Residence: Paparigopoulou 19A str, Archaggelos, 2333, Nicosia, Cyprus
Marital status: Married
2013-today PhD research (under process)
National& Kapodistrian University of Athens Medical School
2013-2014 Fellow in the field of Interventional Radiology, Dept. of Interventional Radiology, University Hospital of Athens “Attikon”, Greece
2012-2014 MSc in Interventional Radiology, National& Kapodistrian University of Athens Medical School
2009-2013 Resident in the field of Radiology, Dept. of Radiology, University Hospital of Athens “Attikon”, Greece
2008-2009 Resident in the field of Radiology, Dept. of Radiology, General Hospital of Ksanthi, Greece
2000-2006 Medical Degree, DOTE University of Medicine, Debrecen, Hungary
1999-2000 Premedical Course, Debrecen
1996-1999 Polykladiko Lyceum, Kavala, Greece
2007 ATLS, Patra
2005 Second Price in Neurology competition 5th year of the medical school
2014- Employee as Interventional Radiologist in American Medical Center, Nicosia , Cyprus
2007-2008 Medical doctor in the Medical Center of Kamares Village, Pafos, Cyprus
Medical doctor in the Emergency Department of Iasis Private Hospital, Pafos, Cyprus
2006 – 2007 Medical doctor in the General Hospital of Pafos. Surgery Department (six months) & Internal Medicine Department (six months), Pafos, Cyprus
2005 Hungarian Medical Chamber
2005 Greek Medical Chamber
2007 Cyprus Medical Chamber
2008 Member of Hellenic Society of Radiology-Hellenic College of Radiology
2011 Member of CIRSE society
2011 Member of Hellenic Interventional Radiology Society
2013 Member of ESR
Languages Greek-fluent, written and spoken (mother tongue)
English-very good writing and speaking knowledge
(First Certificate & Mischigan Certificate in English)
German- good writing and speaking knowledge (Zertifikat)
Hungarian-good writing and speaking knowledge
Computer Familiar with WordPerfect, MS Word, MS Excel
Driving Full, clean driving license
CONGRESS - SEMINARS – SYMPOSIUM - HANDS ON WORKSHOP
1. Seminar on Prevention and control of nosocomial infections, 17th of March 2007 Pafos, Cyprus
2. Seminar on Emergency Peadiatric Radiology, 6th October 2007 Thessaloniki,Greece
3. Seminar on Breast Carcinoma, 24th November 2007 Thessaloniki, Greece
4. 14th Scientific Congress of the Hellenic Medical Students, 2nd international Forum of the Hellenic Medical Students & junior Doctors, 9-11 May 2008 Athens, Greece
5. 7th Athens Congress on Women’s Health & Disease, 11-13th of September, 2008 Athens, Greece
6. 4rth Congress of the Medical Society of Kavala, 3-5th of October 2008 Kavala, Greece
7. XVI Hellenic Radiology congress 22-25th of October 2008,Athens Greece
8. Seminar on Imaging and Oncology, 25th April 2009 Ksanthi, Greece
9. 19th Interuniversity Congress of Radiology, 12-15th November 2009 Thessaloniki
10. 40th IDKD “Diseases of the Brain, Head & Neck, Spine”, Anavyssos Athens 2010
11. XVII Hellenic Radiology congress 17-19 December 2010, Athens, Greece
12. CIRSE Congress 2011 September 10-14, Munich Germany
13. 20th Interuniversity Congress of Radiology 10-13 November 2011, Larissa, Greece
14. 18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
15. ECR Congress 7-11 March 2013 Vienna, Austria
16. 39th Annual Hellenic Medical Congress 22-25 Μay 2013, Athens, Greece
17. Musculoskeletal Course ESIR 7-8 June, 2013, Athens, Greece
18. Cirse Congress 14-18 September 2013, Barcelona, Spain
19. Interuniversity Congress of Radiology 7-10 November 2013, Crete, Greece
20. ECR Congress March 2014, Vienna, Austria
21. ICCIR Congress 12-14 June Poertschach, Austria
22. Cirse Congress September 2014, Glascow, Scotland
23. RSNA Congress, November 28-Dec 5 2014, Chicago, USA
24. 19th Hellenic Radiology Congress 19-21 December 2014, Athens, Greece
25. ECR Congress March 2015, Vienna, Austria
26. ECIO Congress 2015, Nice, France
27. 7th Hellenic Congress of Interventional Radiology. 15-17 May 2015, Athens,
28. Cirse Congress, September 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
29. Congress of Euroson, 6-8 November 2015, Athens , Greece
30. 22nd Interuniversity Congress of Radiology 12-14 November 2015, Athens, Greece
1. Emergency pathology of the Urinary System Diagnostic Imaging Review XVI Hellenic Radiology congress 22-25th of October 2008,Athens Greece
2. Intravenous Pyelography, is it still a useful diagnostic tool, XVI Hellenic Radiology congress 22-25th of October 2008 Athens Greece
3. Pseudotumors of posterior pharyngeal wall, EHNS European Conference of Head and Neck Oncology, 3-6 March, 2010, Athens, Greece
4. Reverse Halo sign: Identification and its differential diagnosis, ECR Congress, March 2010, Austria
5. Complicated appendicitis, two case reports Cyprus-Hellenic Congress Of Radiology, 1-2 of May 2010, Lemessos ,Cyprus
6. Case Report: Hematoma in the Rectus Abdominis Muscle Sheath after a subcutaneous of LMWH injection treated with coil embolization. XVII Hellenic Radiology congress 2010,Athens Greece
7. The effect of Radiation of different Diagnostic Imaging Techniques to the fetus during pregnancy 26-27th of November 2010 Athens, Greece
8. Obesity in Childhood, How can typical Diagnostic Imaging procedures lead to diagnosis? 26-27 November 2010 Athens, Greece
9. Vascular access in dialysis patients : What a junior interventional radiologist should know CIRSE Congress 2011 September 10-14, Munich Germany
10. Prospective study of load Distribution Projection among patients with vertebral fractures treated with percutaneous vertebroplasty and a control group of healthy volunteers CIRSE , 10-14 September, 2011, Munich, Germany
11. Radiology: People’s Perception 20th Interuniversity Congress of Radiology 10-13 November 2011, Larissa, Greece
12. Pathology of vascular access and Interventional Radiology in dialysis patients. Basic Knowledge for junior Interventional Radiologists, 10-13 November 2011, Larissa, Greece
13. Iatrogenic Pneumothorax post FNB-FNA under CT guidance: Guidelines for Follow up and Treatment, 10-13 November 2011, Larissa, Greece
14. Percutaneous drainage of aortic abscess after endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysm. 10-13 November 2011, Larissa, Greece
15. Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS): TIPS & TRICKS. Everything that the Radiologist should be aware 10-13 November 2011, Larissa, Greece
16. Percutaneous Vertebroplasty and other minimally invasive image guided techniques for the treatment of symptomatic vertebral hemangiomas: Clinical experience and results November 27-December 2, 2011, Chicago, RSNA 97th Scientific and Annual Meeting
17. Percutaneous Vertebroplasty for the treatment of painful vertebral lesions in patients with multiple myeloma: clinical experience and results, ECR Congress 1-5 March 2012, Vienna, Austria
18. Complications of acute sinusitis: Imaging with CT scan.18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
19. Echinococcal cyst of the Thyroid Gland. Presentation of a case report. Categorization of ultasonographic findings by WHO IWG Guidelines (2001). 18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
20. Pulmonary thrombotic microangiopathy from catastrophic antiphospolipid syndrome (CAPS or“Asherson’s syndrome”). Radiologic findings with CT scan. 18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
21. Trasfusion related acute lung injury (TRALI syndrome). Radiological findings 18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
22. Primary inflammation of omental appendix. Radiological findings with CT scan and Ultrasonography 18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
23. Radiologic approach of large venous malformations of the musculoskeletal system in childhood, with the use of MRI. 18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
24. Solitary hepatic lesion in fetus: MRI differential imaging 18th Hellenic Radiology Congress 12-14 October 2012 , Athens, Greece
25. Differential Imaging of pulmonary oedema : Tips and tricks ECR Congress , 7-11 March 2013, Vienna, Austria
26. Air an underestimated contrast agent ECR Congress 7-11 March 2013, Vienna, Austria
27. Percutaneous Vertebroplasty for the treatment of C2 fractures (type II) – clinical experience and results. 39th Annual Hellenic Medical Congress 22-25 Μay 2013, Athens, Greece
28. Percutaneous lung biopsy under CT guidance: Influence of patient’s posture on the complication rate. 39th Annual Hellenic Medical Congress 22-25 Μay 2013, Athens, Greece
29. Percutaneous infiltrations under fluoroscopy guidance for pain management of patients with Baastrup disease: Clinical experience and results. 21th Interuniversity Congress of Radiology 7-10 November 2013, Crete, Greece
30. Percutaneous Vertebroplasty in adult degenerative scoliosis for spine support: Prospective study for pain evaluation and mobility improvement. Interuniversity Congress of Radiology 7-10 November 2013, Crete, Greece
31. Peripheral Bronchopleural Fistula (BPF): CT imaging analysis in 9 patients. ECR Congress Vienna 2014. Austria
32. CT and MRI imaging of chronic otitis media complications. ECR Congress Vienna 2014. Austria
33. Fatal pericardial tamponade during superior vena cava stenting, June 12-14 2014, Poertschach, Austria
34. Embolization treatment for intractable bladder or prostate bleeding Clinical efficacy and outcome. RSNA Congress, November 28-Dec 5 2014. Chicago. USA
35. Baastrup Disease (Kissing Spine Syndrome): Safety and Efficacy of Imaging- Guided Infiltrations RSNA Congress, November 28-Dec 5 2014. Chicago. USA
36. Vertebral augmentation in extreme vertebral fractures: comparison between standard and augmented vertebroplasty ECR Congress, Vienna March 2015, Austria
37. Comparative study of percutaneous ablation of hepatic lesions <3cm with RFA and MWA under CT guidance: Clinical experience and results. 7th Hellenic Congress of Interventional Radiology. 15-17 May 2015, Athens, Greece
38. Comparative study of percutaneous vertebroplasty and vertebral augmentation with KIVA system for the treatment of symptomatic fractures of A2 vertebra and/or A3 according to MAGERL staging system.7th Hellenic Congress of Interventional Radiology. 15-17 May 2015, Athens, Greece
39. Computed tomography-guided ablation of hepatic lesions: comparing short-term therapeutic efficacy of radiofrequency versus microwave ablation in small lesions. Cirse Congress, September 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
40. Interlaminar epidural infiltrations in patients with severe degenerative lumbar spine: how often is the needle properly placed inside the epidural space without imaging guidance? Cirse Congress, September 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
1. Percutaneous vertebroplasty and baropodometry: comparative prospective study of load distribution variation between osteoporotic patients and normal population. 03/2012 Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
2. Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for the treatment of Budd Chiari Syndrome: Results from a single center, 07/2013, Journal of CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology
3. Comparative prospective study of load Distribution Projection among patients with vertebral fractures treated with percutaneous vertebroplasty and a control group of healthy volunteers 04/2013 Journal of CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology
4. CT imaging findings in two patients with small bowel volvulus Oct-Dec, 2013 Journal of Hellenic Radiology
5. Medical Imaging Quiz − Case 29, Archives of Hellenic Medicine 2013, 30(1): 112-113
6. Percutaneous cryoablation for renal cell carcinoma Vol 2, No 3 (2015): Journal of Kidney Cancer and VHL
ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES-INVITED LECTURER
1. Lessons for the elective course of Interventional Radiology for undergraduate medical students, Year 2013-2014, Medical School - National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
2. Lessons in the postgraduate program of Interventional Radiology, Years: 2013-2014, 2014-2015, Medical School-National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
3. Lessons of Radiology in the course of Radiology for undergraduate and postgraduate medical students, 2014-2015 Second Radiology Department of Radiology ,University General Hospital ‘’Attikon’’ Athens, Greece
4. Invited lecturer in the 19th Hellenic Radiology Congress 19-21 December 2014, Athens, Greece
5. Invited lecturer in the 7th Hellenic Congress of Interventional Radiology. 15-17 May 2015, Athens, Greece
6. Scientific Collaborator teaching the elective course of Interventional Radiology,Medical School, European University, Nicosia, Cyprus, Year 2015-2016
7. Invited lecturer in the CIRSE Congress 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
8. Invited lecturer in the EUROSON Congress, 6-8 November 2015Athens, Greece
9. Invited lecturer in the 22nd Interuniversity Congress of Radiology, 12-14 November 2015 Athens, Greece
References and supporting documents on request
Dr. Neophytou Yiannis
Name: Dr. Neophytou Yiannis
Dr. Neophytou Yiannis was born in 1975 in Limassol. He finished his secondary education in Paphos and after completing his military service began his studies in Medicine at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He graduated in 2000. He then specialized in the field of Dermatology at the University Dermatology Clinic which is part of the University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete. After qualifying in Dermatology, he worked in Athens alongside the Dermatologist-Dermatological Surgeon, Dr Kostas Neamonitos. He has practiced Dermatology in Paphos since 2008.
Dr. Varnavas Papanastasiou
Name: Dr. Varnavas Papanastasiou
Dr. Michael Lerios
Name: Dr. Michael Lerios
Date of Birth: 21 December 1951
Nationality: Greek Cypriot
1963-1969: Full time secondary school student in Nicosia, Cyprus.
1970-1976: University of Athens Medical School. Attended the six year tuition program.
Graduated with a grade of ‘lian kalos’ (Very Good) in September 1976.
- 1988: Specialist in Gastroenterology
- 1993: Became Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
1. Live digestive Endoscopy meeting(European Postgraduate Gastro - Surgical
School Amsterdam (04 Sept 1998).
2. Advanced Stenting Workshop Nicosia General Hospital (April 1998)
(Prof A Adams)
I was in advisory Board and participated in the live demonstrations.
3. Single Topic workshop on GI Endoscopic Stricture management - Erasme
Hospital Brussels (06 June 2000).
4. Six weeks course on endoscopy at ERASME hospital Brussels under the supervision of Prof J Deviere (May-June 2000).
5. 1st Therapeutic Endoscopy Course LIVE DEMOSTRATION
(Prof J Deviere, Dr M Lerios)Nicosia -cyprus
6. ESO Course - Colorectal Cancer Nicosia, Cyprus (June1999).
Lecture “Treatment of Pre-cancerous conditions and endoscopic follow up (Dr M Lerios).
7. 1st International seminar in Hepatology, Athens, Greece. (Oct 1999).
8. 2nd International Update & Postgraduate seminar in Gastroenterology.
9. Postgraduate course in therapeutic endoscopy ESGE. (30 Nov 2000).
10. Gastroenterology and Endotherapy European Workshop June 2007 Brussels
11. 8th International Workshop on therapeutic endoscopy,( CAIRO)
Responsible for and attended weekly teaching meetings held at the Nicosia and Limassol General Hospitals for junior medical staff. Subjects included BLS, Management of common medical emergencies, gastroenterology subjects including endoscopy demonstrations and patient case presentations.
Dr Ioanna Michail
Name: Dr Ioanna Michail
Specialty: Hematologist Medical
School: M.B.B. Ch, Excellent with honor (1998) Cairo University, Faculty of Medicine. Cairo- Egypt
Master Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.) Thesis Title: Angiogenesis in myeloid leukemias. The role of hepatocyte growth factor.
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis (Thrombophilia, Bleeding Disorders)
- Obstetric Hematology
- Hematological malignancies (Lymphomas, Multiple Myeloma)
American Medical Center (2016 - Present) Nicosia, Cyprus
Hygeia Hospital (Oct 2011 – Jan 2016) Athens, Greece
Hematologist in the Thalassemia Unit
Athens General Hospital G. Gennimatas (Apr 2010 – Oct 2011) Athens, Greece
Assistant lecturer in Internal Medicine
Faculty of medicine, Cairo University (Nov 2003 – Dec 2006) Cairo, Egypt
Athens General Hospital G. Gennimatas (Jun 2006 – Dec 2009) Athens, Greece
Athens General Hospital “Ippokratio” (Oct 2005 – Apr 2006) Athens, Greece
Resident in the Department of Internal Medicine
Cairo University Hospitals (Mar 2000 – Mar 2003) Cairo, Egypt
Cairo University Hospitals (Mar 1999 – Feb 2000) Cairo, Egypt
- Athens General Hospital “G.Gennimatas”, Hematology Department/ Laboratory/ Blood bank (2006-2009)
- Athens General Hospital “Ippokratio”, Hematology Department (2005- 2006)
- Cairo University Hospitals, Department of Internal Medicine (2000-2003)
- Greek (fluently)
- English (fluently)
- Arabic (fluently)